Update for readers:

When commenting on a post, you can choose to post as "anonymous" by selecting Anonymous from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Baby Got Crohn's - A Parody

This post is purely just for fun, and to hopefully give everyone a good laugh!

I am extremely lucky to have some of the most amazing, supportive friends and family on the planet. To my utter surprise, one of my friends wrote a silly song about Crohn's Disease, and sent the lyrics to me. I truly believe laughter is life's greatest medicine, and my friend has just supplied me with a prescription for hilarity! Such a silly, simple thing, yet one of the greatest gifts I've ever received!

Fair warning: Crohn's Disease is an uncomfortable, embarrassing disease, and these lyrics definitely reiterate that. Don't be offended - see the humor!


"Baby Got Crohn's" 
(in the style of 'Baby Got Back' by Sir Mix-A-Lot)
By Makya Vandiver-Hawkins


Oh, my god, Jessi, Look at her guts.
She looks like one of those Humira injectors.
But, you know, who understands Crohn's anyway?
I mean, her guts... are just so sick.
They only talk to her because she doesn't LOOK sick, 'kay?
I can't believe she cramps and runs a fever,
She's just so.....skinny!
I mean, ouch!

I hate my guts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny.
That when a girl walks in with a itty-bitty waist and gettin' night sweats on your face
You get scared, wanna be prepared
Cause you notice that stomach cramped
Unbutton the jeans she's wearin'
She's gonna go shit, no starin'
Oh, baby I wanna get you
To the doctor.

My homeboys tried to warn me
But those guts you got make you so sickly.
Ooh, Humira medicine
You say you wanna get to the toilet?
Well, use it, use it
Cause you got IBD
I've seen you hurtin'
To hell with squirtin'
She's sick, yet
Got it goin' on like Dr. B

I'm tired of pamphlets
Sayin' Crohn's are the thing
Take the average Crohn's M.D. and ask him that
She gotta be in much pain
So, fellas, (yeah!) fellas, (yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the Crohn's? (hell yeah!)
Tell ‘em to sit it (sit it) sit it (sit it)
Sit on that butt
Baby got Crohn's

It likes 'em tired and bleedin'
With an over-productive TNI
I just can't help myself, I'm actin like a doctor
Here's my stethoscope
I wanna get you home
And rub (double up) your feet
I ain't talkin' bout colitis
Cause that's a different IBD
I want 'em in remission
So find a table
Not by the bathroom

Yeah, baby... When it comes to females,
Crohn's ain't got nothin' to do with my selection.

36-24-36 times a day?
ok with me

So your girlfriend rolls a sleeping bag
And goes camping
But nature ain't got endless t.p. in trees
My doctor says no heating pad
Cause you got Crohn's, hun!
You can eat crackers and drink water
But you won't lose that Crohn's.

Some brothers wanna play that "hard" role
And tell you that crohns ain't gold
So they sit and flush it
And I say don't retrieve it!
So crohns makes you skinny
Because of diarrhea
Cause your waist is small and your fever risin'
And I'm thinkin' bout stickin'
A thermometer in your mouth
You got Crohn's, Miss Thing!
Give you a toilet, you can't resist it
Red beans and rice will make you go
Every 5 minutes or so

Crohn's girls are on my list
Go to a game but chose to hit 'em
Public restroom, first half

So, ladies if you're Crohn's bound
And you want 3-ply to flush down
Dial 1-900-CROHNIES
And sleep for days!
Baby got Crohn's!

Sing along with Sir Mix-A-Lot's original song, here: http://youtu.be/_JphDdGV2TU

1 comment:

You are NOT required to register with any site to comment!
If you wish to comment anonymously, choose "Anonymous" from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."