Update for readers:

When commenting on a post, you can choose to post as "anonymous" by selecting Anonymous from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."

Sunday, December 7, 2014

It Takes Guts

Since my official diagnosis of Crohn's Disease in 2002, I have found the Internet to be my most useful tool in learning about the disease itself and, most importantly, other people's experiences with the disease. The Internet helped bring me from feeling awkward and alone to feeling like I was part of a community - a part of something bigger. I no longer had to suffer alone, and I quickly discovered that many of my own experiences were completely normal among a large population of fellow Crohnies. I have come to depend on the net-izens of the Crohn's community to gauge my own expectations, and for support when I need it most.

I want to give back.

Sounds simple enough... anyone can donate to Crohn's organizations, like the CCFA, or participate in fundraising activities like the GYGIG Ride. But these weren't the things, people, or activities that helped me the most. I wanted to be able to help people directly, one-on-one. I wanted to give the same reassurance and support I had received over the years from fellow Crohnies.

That's where this blog comes in.

I decided to create this blog to chronicle my Crohn's Disease experiences, in hopes that someone will benefit from the information, or just not feel so alone. I invite you to read my experiences, share info, ask questions, and be curious!

It takes guts to put up with this disease, its symptoms, the endless sea of medication, and life as a Crohnie in general. We are a force to be reckoned with!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool and I'm very proud of you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jess! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

You are NOT required to register with any site to comment!
If you wish to comment anonymously, choose "Anonymous" from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."