Update for readers:

When commenting on a post, you can choose to post as "anonymous" by selecting Anonymous from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."

Monday, December 22, 2014

When it Rains, it Pours

Just want to post a quick update for my readers. But before I do, I want to scream THANK YOU at the top of my lungs to everyone for sharing my blog and getting it read around the world! My viewership has extended all across the globe, and it's all thanks to the great, supportive audience I have!

Please, feel free to share my blog ANYWHERE - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, anywhere you hang out online. I want to help as many people as I can! The blog can be translated in to any language, so let's send it around the world again!

Now on to my update...

When things keep going wrong, they say "when it rains, it pours." Things have seemingly gotten worse for me over the past several days, but it's not all related to Crohn's Disease. The outbreak of shingles seems to be slowly getting better, but I have some days where the pain extends all across my neck, shoulders, and scalp.


My doctor has prescribed oxycodone for the shingles pain, and while this stuff definitely helps mask the pain, it makes me as loopy as a rollercoaster! It feels like being drunk, but not in a good way (if there even IS a good way). So, I've resorted to only taking it at nighttime to help me sleep. That doesn't work so well either, it seems, as it has disrupted my already-faulty sleep pattern. I wake up nearly every hour of the night, feeling pain-free, yet cuckoo as a clock. Needless to say, my mornings are miserable.

In addition to my Crohn's flaring up and the shingles outbreak, I now seem to have acquired a sinus infection. I get these quite often throughout the year, mostly when the weather changes. Pretty sure I single-handedly keep the facial tissue and nasal spray industries in business.

All of that nose blowing has me looking like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, which, I must say, is perfect timing for the season! I'll be guiding no fat men in sleighs, though. The nasal spray helps with breathing, but makes my throat raw and scratchy, and suddenly I can do mean Gilbert Gottfried impression!

I can't seem to catch much of a break lately with all these various illnesses popping in and out of my life. But, I'm staying positive thanks to my wonderfully supportive friends and family, and even strangers on Internet support groups. Thank you again, readers! And, I promise to post another Crohn's related update very soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are NOT required to register with any site to comment!
If you wish to comment anonymously, choose "Anonymous" from the drop-down box next to "Comment As."